Announcement from Monday, 17 December 2012
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is pleased to announce the launch of three new knowledgebases for sustainable development policy makers:
Land Policy & Practice
Forests Policy & Practice
Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice
These knowledgebases are part of our suite of knowledge management projects tracking international activities addressing sustainable development issues. Each knowledgebase is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. Funding for Land Policy & Practice, Forests Policy & Practice and Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice has been provided by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Knowledgebase content is researched and written by our team of thematic experts.
Features of each knowledgebase include:
- Summaries of activities (publications, meetings, statements and projects) by a range of actors, and an option to search the summaries by several categories (region, actor, action or issue);
- An archive of all posts to the site, organized by date;
- A clickable world map, enabling users to view the latest news by region (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America & the Caribbean, Near East, Northern America, and South West Pacific);
- A link to subscribe to LAND-L, FORESTS-L or CHEMICALS-L, to join our moderated community announcement lists for policy-makers and practitioners, as appropriate;
- A link to the most recent Update, a periodic newsletter of recent posts to the knowledgebase, distributed via email through the respective listserv;
- A Calendar of upcoming international events related to land, forests or chemicals and wastes policy;
- A link to our iCalendar, which automatically updates your own calendar program with upcoming related events; and
- A link to our RSS feed.
IISD manages and is fully responsible for the content posted on Land Policy & Practice, Forests Policy & Practice, and Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice. Information on United Nations activities is provided in cooperation with the UN system agencies, funds and programmes through the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB).
Land Policy & Practice, Forests Policy & Practice, and Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice join IISD's other knowledge management tools:
In early 2008, during preparations for the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, IISD Reporting Services launched its first knowledge management site, Climate Change Policy & Practice. This knowledgebase supported efforts by the sustainable development community to track the various activities undertaken by international actors addressing climate change. Our work on our flagship publication, the Earth Negotiations Bulletin, positioned us to make this transition into monitoring the implementation of international multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs). Our teams, which attend the MEA negotiations, track the decisions that the international community has taken and understand the wide variety of actors involved in each arena. As 2012 comes to a close, we are pleased to bring you the latest additions to our knowledge management work, and to expand our efforts to track implementation of the agreements that we have reported on for the past 20 years.
For further information on our knowledge management activities, please contact Lynn Wagner, Senior Manager, Knowledge Management Projects (email@example.com). To provide us with information about your land or forests related activities, please contact Lauren Anderson, Content Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org). To provide us with information about your chemicals and wastes activities, please contact Faye Leone, Content Editor (email@example.com).